What's Wrong With the World Today???
I'm not gonna say "Hi" because I'm really upset at the moment. Not in the mood to even say anything but I thought I should write an entry to mark this very sad day.
So this morning I ordered MacDonald's Hotcakes for Breakfast and since my parents left for China I'm basically alone now :( maybe I'm kinda sad because of this. The sacrifices of "growing up" its my first time alone at home like without parents. Sure I've been overseas and on my own but this time I'm home but the house is empty this is a sad feeling that scares me cos it could become permanent in a few years time. OkOk that's not what i wanted to blog about..
So when the MacDelivery guy came I realised the newspapers were on the ground and the headlines read "Singaporean Hostage Dead". Wow this time its real you know.. All these talk about terrorism never really felt real to me cos of my "Oh-it-won't-happen-to-us" mentality. But hey.. IT JUST KILLED ONE OF US! Although I do not know her but still a SINGAPOREAN. It really brings the message home. What's with all these terrorism crap! Why can't people just live their lives and not force their own opinions on others. Why do they have no regard for human lives? Why do they not treasure something as fragile as life?
This really gets me thinking about my role as a teacher. I play a role in influencing how kids grow up and I really need to think of how my "teachings", not the formulae and theories but rather life skills and teaching kids to reason and differentiating right from wrong. THAT is what teaching is about I feel. And right now, my new teaching philosophy is to instil in kids a purpose in life and to regard life with the utmost respect. And of course a passion for Science.
Wow, kinda hard to imagine how serious it can get with teaching. We can make a difference. And I hope to make the "right" difference. Its really an uphill task. I wonder what it would be like next year for me and my kids.
So the classes i'm teaching next year are.. 1E1, 1E3, 2E3 and 3E4(chem). [still no bio!*sigh*] New faces and new experiences. I think this time around, I'm gonna want to start off with the right foot. I want some things to be different and I am determined to follow through with my resolutions. I wonder how the Kids will take to it. This is something I need to think about. The changes I want in my classrooms and in my life in general.
Somehow I can't help feeling sad.. even though I'm in the midst of planning my trip to Berlin. *sigh* I guess I need some distractions. *sigh*