Hihi...
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee I'm back from my OBTC.. woot woot.. its been a very very long time since I've blogged..
Wow I must say that the OBTC was REALLY REALLY too long. Seriously, the programme can be reduced by half because that is indeed the time spent for us 92 teachers WAITING for the next lecture or speaker or whatever! Seriously... I expected better planning from these people.
Hmm let's see what else... Oh.. Food from the MESS HALL was really really nasty. I have never seen mushy YELLOW broccoli. gosh.. and I had diarrhoea like 4 out of 5 times eating there. I mean seriously.. it was BAD! Not to mention about those horny little NS boys who couldn't stop STARING at us teacher officers. geez...
Oh and now the ATC (Adventure Training Camp) This camp was 4 days 3 nights at Camp Resillience in Pulau Ubin. It was really really nasty for the first day. We basically did all the activities the Sec 2 and Sec 3 cadets would have to go through.
Some highlights:
JETTY JUMP!!! for a non-swimmer that was a real big challenge for me. Having put on my life jacket, I jumped the 1.5m into the deep blue sea (well the sea was mostly green and dirty) I think i made quite a big splash but it was all cool. hehe then for the longest time I was sinking and sinking but suddenly I could breathe again! YAY! I LIVE!!! then it was a tiring swim back to the pontoon, thank god for Chris from ZHSS who stayed by me all the time. He was awesome!
Next memorable activity would be the MAZE in this really haunted looking room. GOSH. For someone who is afraid of ABSOLUTE DARKNESS and small enclosed spaces, I made it through. We had to crawl, use our hands and feel walls that are cold and slimy from all the rain and algae growing on them. That was NASTY! I banged my head a couple of times but it was still alright. I had my helmet on!
After our maze activity, we had our cannon ball shoot out. Of course my SUPER GROUP 4 made it with excellent marksmanship. woot woot. then there was this green snake that the FIs tried to catch. That was our rainy day entertainment. hahaha. too bad we didn't get to do rafting. i would love to do that with the cadets next time round.
Kayaking was fun too. I guess I wasn't really used to the kayak and it was monsoon season. The sea was really choppy.. We almost capsized a couple of times but thanks to my great recovery skills. PHEW! we made it.
Low ropes was quite fun cos all the higher rope challenge were under investigation so NO FLYING FOX! *sigh* that was a great dissappointment for me. I was really looking forward to it. Oh well, next ATC. The cargo net crawl was a real tough cookie. Bleah.. Gave me minor rope burns on my knee caps. But its still alright. I made it through and ended with a TARZAN swing. Oh and thanks to burning leaves the MOZZIES left us alone.
OUTDOOR COOKING was a pain in the *** gosh.. well actually it was really painful cos I was constipated for 4 days and that is definately NOT good for the digestive system. ARGH! we only had MAGGIE NOODLES and CANNED CURRY CHICKEN for LUNCH and DINNER. It was REALLY nasty. I have not eaten any noodles since I've gotten back. *sigh*
CAMP FIRE! WOOT WOOT my group won the best performance! Well of course we won cos of the awesome props we had. Our theme was IDOL so we came up with this idea of an IDOL TALKSHOW. We had 4 "guests" namely Brittney Spears, Paris Hilton, Elvis and Phua Chu kang. I helped out with making the props. Brittney had 2 PLAITS! and Paris had a blonde wig made from yellow plastic bag. Elvis had his famous curry puff hairdo and phua chu kang was my pride and joy: yellow boots from yellow plastic bags, fugly curls from black trash bag stuffed into a hair net and his black mole (one mosquito patch coloured black). That was really fun! and as a reward, we got a tin of KONG GUAN BISCUITS! whahahah that was like HEAVEN! considering the stuff we had for breakfast.
I love our group cheer the most.. it really bonded us together and OHANA ROCKS! This experience really let me re-live my JC days. I miss those days.
Oh another super highlight was my first ever LIVE SHOOT! I managed to score 162 out of 200. That makes me a MARKSMAN! heheh.. the recoil was kinda harsh and the sound from the revolver was LOUD! woah lucky we had ear phones. lets see if I can upload my picture.. There are two bulleyes btw. hehehe..

Well that's all for my VERY long post. But I guess this will have to last until the next time. Kinda busy with some school work and WOW atm. My DK is finally 63. 17 more levels to go!
XXXXX
BACK TO TOP